| Cynthia Cushing
Are you a needlearts retailer, wholesaler, designer, teacher, manufacturer’s rep, or some combination of the above?
We have a membership category for you.
Is your business about Counted Thread and Embroidery, Needlepoint, Spinning and Weaving, Yarn, or some combination of the above?
We have a product segment for you.
Are you passionate about your needlearts business and committed to its future growth?
We have a trade association for you --- The National Needlearts Association!
As a yarn retailer, I have been a member of TNNA for 6 years; I joined because I knew there were trade shows, classes and networking with other yarn shop owners. What I have discovered over those six years is that the possibility of TNNA partnerships is much broader and deeper than I first imagined.
- Through TNNA education programs, including the recent Building Better Business series of classes, needlearts business owners can partner with experts in all areas of our industry—financial, marketing, social media, design and more.
- TNNA provides a unique opportunity for retailers and wholesalers to work together for the benefit of the entire industry, not only through trade shows, but through strategic planning and vision.
- TNNA offers the chance to partner with designers, teachers and other members offering business and creative services to lend professionalism to our businesses and connect us to industry trends so we are always moving forward.
- As a retailer, TNNA affords me nearly endless networking opportunities with all retail members, not just those in my product segment group
- As a member of the Retail Council, my opportunities for partnership throughout the association have multiplied and I look forward to the future of all of our businesses!
The National Needlearts Association: You can’t help but Profit From the Partnership!
To learn more check out this video about what TNNA has to offer YOU!
About the Author
Cynthia Flaa Cushing has owned Lakeside Yarn in Excelsior, Minnesota, since 2010; it was previously known as Coldwater Collaborative. Lakeside Yarn is one of approximately 20 shops in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, an area with more yarn stores per capita than any other in the country. Cynthia, a "recovering attorney" by profession, enjoys both the business and creative aspects of her industry. She has served on the Retail Council of TNNA since 2014 and is currently the Membership Chair of the Council.