If you’re struggling to make ends meet in your small business, you’ve got several options beyond the credit cards in your wallet. Small business funding can help you purchase new equipment or a larger space, place a big wholesale order to widen your sales range, or even hire help to increase your production. Today we’ve rounded up a whole list of options for finding funding for your small business.
Funding Options for Small Business Owners
- Small Business Association - From grants to loans to venture capital, the Small Business Association has you covered on all the different ways to fund your small business.
- Entrepreneur - This article on 10 Ways to Fund Your Small Business from Entrepreneur.com covers two main options - debt and equity - and a list of resources for each one.
- Forbes - There are several options for getting funding for your small business, but some of them just aren’t feasible. This down-to-earth article from Forbes outlines four realistic ways to get funding for your small business, especially when you’re just starting out.
- Time - Sometimes as a small business owner you have to get creative, even when it comes to your finances. Time magazine outlines 5 creative ways to get funding for your business, including a discussion of the pros and cons for each method.
Several of our members are women, and in the search for business funding, that can be quite an advantage! There is a wealth of programs out there specifically designed to help with the financial aspects of running a woman-owned business. Here’s a list to get you started:
Funding for Female Business Owners
- 11 Grants for Women-Owned Businesses - A grant is a fantastic source of business funding, because you don’t have to pay it back! There may be some hoops to jump through, but in the end isn’t free money worth a little hoop-jumping?
- Back to the SBA - Seriously, the Small Business Association is a valuable resource! They’ve got a whole page dedicated to information for women in business.
The next time you open up your business wallet and find it lacking, don’t despair! Look into some of these options and see what a little capital can do to really jump-start your success.