To drive more traffic to SWG member exhibitor booths and encourage more ordering, the Spinning and Weaving Group is offering a special promotion for its exhibiting members.
- In addition to fiber samples, we are encouraging you to include weaving yarns, dyes, and other spinning and weaving related products.
- SWG member exhibitors are invited to provide 100 samples that we will distribute at the show. Each sample bag should can contain a special offer that your customers can only get at the show.
- We will highlight these specials in our Urban Farmer’s Market themed booth and work to drive traffic to you.
Members not exhibiting are welcome to participate. We ask that you include new product—new colorways, new fibers, new yarns, new product. All of these samples—exhibitor specials and new product samples—will be put into goodie bags that we will distribute to qualified buyers at the show.
Each participant is asked to also donate something for a gift basket that will be used for a membership drive.
If you have any questions or need some help cooking up enticing special offers, please call Andrea Marquis at 412-303-4409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is how it works:
Pricing is per 100 samples. Each lot of 100 samples must be the same product although the colorway may vary. If you wish to display more than one product, you must purchase additional lots.
Pricing is as follows based on your participation level:
- Trade Show Exhibitors are eligible for preferred pricing of $45 per Lot (100 samples). In addition to any show specials you offer, please think of at least one “special” for which you will enclose a coupon into the sample bags. Some suggestions are: buy 7 get 1 free, free shipping and/or a discount, free spun yarn samples with fiber order, free patterns with order, free or discounted display hardware with order, free woven samples with order—the juicier the better! You can do all the same offer or many different ones, just keep these deals exclusive to the ticket-holders. Only companies exhibiting at the show will be allowed to offer these extra buying incentives, and only qualified retail buyers will receive the gift bags.
- Attending the show but not exhibiting? No problem. Volunteer to help in the SWG’s Booth and your price is $55 per Lot (100 samples). For more details about volunteering at the show, contact Andrea Marquis (contact info above.) If it is not feasible to attend the show to volunteer, it is possible to qualify for the $55 price by volunteering behind the scenes.
- Not attending the show but want to send samples? Your price is $65 per Lot (100 samples). Your products can be included in the display without attending the show up to two times. This is a good way to experience the value of the display and is a great benefit of your SWG membership.
Nuts and Bolts
- Participants are responsible for packaging their samples so that they are attractive and protected. All fiber and dye samples should be in plastic bags. Yarn cards, patterns, and other flat items may be in labeled envelopes or bags. We will not be sending out plastic bags and the samples are not required to be of uniform size as they were with The Daily Dose of Fiber.
- Provide generous samples and a visible promotional piece, including the name of the product, description of the contents, name of your company and logo, contact information, wholesale pricing, and your trade show booth number, if applicable. Exhibiting Wholesale companies should also enclose their SWG member specials coupons.
- Drop off your samples at the Spinning and Weaving Booth (1139/1141) by noon on Friday, May 29th.