New TNNA Counted Thread & Embroidery Designer Opportunity!
Monday, September 26, 2011
It was very refreshing to see lots of smiles, happy vendors and customers walking the halls of the Embassy Suites in August at the TNNA Baltimore trade show. We are determined to keep that excitement in the air by launching a brand new idea to kick off the 2012 trade shows!
The theme for this project is called SEASONS IN STITCHES, and we hope that this communal effort to raise even more excitement of Counted Thread & Embroidery will be the perfect way to start 2012. You are invited to design a small FREE monochromatic counted thread design that will be handed out at the January TNNA Winter Trade Show in Phoenix, the Nashville Needlework Market in February, and later released as a PDF download at the end of March on the TNNA and Norden Crafts websites for the retailers that are unable to attend either show. Please read on and learn how we can all work together to accomplish this!
- Contact Katy Fong of Norden Crafts to be assigned a season to focus your design on. This way we have equal numbers of each season.
- Design a piece that is 3”x3” to be stitched on Zweigart 28ct Cashel Cream stitched over 2 threads. Norden Crafts will be happy to supply you with a sample piece of this linen if needed.
- Use only one color of thread when creating your design. This makes it very easy for the shops and stitchers to add their own creative spin on the designs as they will be able to essentially create their own perfect monochromatic design choosing any spring, summer, fall, and winter combination of their choosing.
- Stitch your design and finish it adding your own "special signature” to your design and truly "make it yours”. You are not required to finish it in a specific matter, be CREATIVE!
- Deadline to have designs submitted is November 1, 2011. The models are not needed by this date, only the PDF of the completed chart is necessary by this date. We will then be arranging them and having them stitched again by model stitchers in the industry showing alternate ways to put these pieces together. As the attendees walk the show floor they will be able to fill out a raffle ticket in your booth or in the Norden Crafts booth (if you are not in attendance) for a chance to win your stitched model, or one of the group models. On the last hour of the last day of the Phoenix show, raffle tickets will be dropped off at TNNA Registration and some of the models will be raffled off to the shops in attendance that have entered. The models will not be distributed until the end of the Nashville Market, so that all of the models may be displayed at both shows. Another raffle will be drawn on the last hour of the last day of the Nashville Market, to give away the remaining models to the shops in attendance at that show. All of the models will be distributed following the Nashville Market. Shops that attend both shows may enter both raffles.
- TNNA would love to see all of you at both shows, but we understand that not everyone can exhibit at each and every show. You do not have to exhibit at either the January TNNA Winter Trade Show in Phoenix, or the TNNA Nashville Needlework Market in February to participate. However, you do need to be a TNNA Member in order to be included in the SEASONS IN STITCHES project. Norden Crafts will be happy to display your pieces in their booth/room for one or both shows if you are unable to attend.
- Print the free charts on a half sheet FREE chart format, or if needed you are welcome to print your FREE chart on a full sheet. Color is not necessary for this project considering it is all done in one color. Be sure to include your design company name, and the SEASONS IN STITCHES name somewhere on the design.
- All participants are responsible for designing, stitching, finishing and printing their FREE CHARTS. Please make 600 copies of your design for both shows. This will allow for attendees to take a couple of each in order to make more copies a bit easier. If you are not attending the shows, models are due on December 1, 2011 to Norden Crafts, along with your FREE chart copies.
- At the Phoenix and Nashville shows there will be a checklist in the show guide that will list all participants of this project.
- All contributing designers who are a part of the Counted Thread & Embroidery group will be eligible for a drawing for a free booth at the Columbus NeedleArts Market. We will select one winner from the designers who show at the Phoenix Show, one winner from the designers who show at the Nashville Needlework Market, and one winner from the designers who participate but are not able to attend either show. The prize is for booth space only, and does not include booth furnishings, drayage, electricity, etc. To be eligible for the free booth drawing, the designers must be a dues-paid member of the Counted Thread & Embroidery group by November 1, 2011, and contribute their free design by November 1, 2011.
We are extremely excited about this endeavor, and looking forward to working with each and every one of you to promote the Counted Thread & Embroidery Group of TNNA. In the past, Katy worked closely with her Mom, Kris Stott, on the Town Square project that was done in Charlotte many years ago. She has also worked with some very special and helpful people to organize an incredible series of charts created in honor of her Mom. This series consisted of 80+ designers, and continues to prove what a strong industry we are when we all work together. We know that with past experience in collaborations, we will be able to work easily with all of you to make this a true SUCCESS for Counted Thread & Embroidery! Please contact Katy or Debbie Rowley, the Chair of the CT &E Group, with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Katy Stott Fong
502 Morse Ave Ste K
Schaumburg, IL 60193-4580